Location: The Esplanade, Perth
Completion: June 2020
Duration: 9 weeks
EQ12, 12-14 The Esplanade Building Upgrade
Swan were engaged under an Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) D&C arrangement to deliver a considerable internal and external building upgrade for Cape Bouvard and Savills Project Management. Stage 1 included the replacement of high-level cladding (Level 11), new entry façade (Level 0) and internal refurbishment of the two lobbies (Levels 0 & 1).
Stages 2 & 3 included further interior lobby refurbishments, lift upgrades and the replacement of low-level external cladding at the entrance from Allendale Square.
Comprehensive and considerate staging proposals were a deciding factor for engaging Swan. The high-level cladding was addressed with the use of a cantilevered scaffold system.
The entire project included:
- Improvement of the building’s connection with Allendale Arcade and staged refurbishment of 4 levels of lobbies
- Lift modernisation (3 lifts)
- Improve the wayfinding experience within the building through lighting and signage
- Replacement of combustible aluminium panels
- Refurbishment of Entrance Statements.